About one month after Maykervens was born his mother realized there was something wrong. She went to four different hospitals in Port -au-Prince and two in Gonaives to find help. She said it looked like there was water on his head. They had an MRI done but they said that nothing was wrong. His current diagnosis is Cerebral Palsy.
Maykervens mother has one other child and is struggling to provide for all of their needs. She is separated from her husband and can not work because she has to take care of her kids. Maykervens mother found the clinic just recently. She said that someone told me to come here because there was good care for the kids.
Maykeven’s mother says “I have seen improvement since coming to the clinic! Before, he could not sit. Now, he can sit in a small chair by himself. Sometimes he gets out of the chair by himself, too. Before he couldn’t sit normally, but now he can. Her goals for Maykervens are that he can walk. She says she needs support because she doesn’t always have money for food and care. She says there are many times he is hungry and I am not able to feed him.
Your Sponsorship will provide Maykervens:
- One year of therapy in our clinic
- Assistance for him to be assessed for adaptive equipment to help him reach his goals
- Education and reassurance for his mother.
- Assistance for multi-vitamins and food for Maykervens and his sibling.
As a Thank You from us, you will receive:
- 2-3 personal letters from his mother on how Maykervens is doing through your support.
- Five “Haiti 500” wristbands handmade by a Team Zaryen athlete with disability. See our Adaptive Sports page to learn more about Team Zaryen. Keep them or give them out and spread the word!
- Acknowledgement on our “Haiti 500 Sponsorship Wall of Fame” on our website and Facebook page.
Ways to Connect With Your Recipient:
- Send letters, cards, and photographs
- Visit them in Haiti on a Mission Trip!
Supporting his care will truly make a huge difference in Maykervens’ life!
- Join our Haiti 500 Club and change his world.
- We kindly ask for a two year commitment for sponsoring Maykervens.
- All you need to do is go back to our Haiti 500 page and chose to sponsor Maykervens!